Tuesday, January 3, 2017

YUMMY FOOD!

Food at home

The food I eat on the trail will not be like the food I eat at home, therefore, I have to plan.  I am in the process of deciding what to eat, mostly energy bars, breakfast bars, protein bars, lots of water, electrolyte drinks, and as many dehydrated veggies as I can get in me.  Some of it will taste good like the Idahoan potatoes, some will taste bad like the squeeze oatmeal in a tube.  I am researching all different web pages including the Paleo secret foods.  You are suppose to eat between 5,000 and 6,000 calories a day.  That sounds pretty darn good to me because I love Pizza, however,  you can't just eat a bunch of crap and pizza and sugar,  you have to have some green stuff so you will feel good on the tallest of mountains.  I want to feel good and I want my body to like me.  I want to be able to "Poop" well if you know what I mean.  So I will miss my home-made quiches and spaghetti sauces and home-made garlic bread etc.  I am watching what other hikers are bringing too.  Thank goodness there are stores around.  I will do a few re-supply boxes and a few gear boxes when the weather turns.  I love food so this should be a fun month to plan.  Happy Hiking!  YIPPEE



No comments:

Post a Comment