Tuesday, January 24, 2017

PCT PERMIT DAY

TODAY IS PCT PERMIT DAY!


THIS IS WHEN YOU TRY TO GET A PERMIT WITH 2,500 OTHER PEOPLE TRYING TO DO THE SAME THING!  YIKES!


I THOUGHT I HAD THE DAY ALL PICKED OUT, OOPS!

Well, today started out like any other day,  I woke up, took a shower, went downstairs to see the hubby and then I remembered I needed to get on the computer today at 10:30 am with the PCTA so I could apply for my permit.  I could never have dreamed up what the next 2 hours would hold for me.  First of all, it seemed like the system crashed with so many people trying to get on.  When I finally did get on, it dropped me 4 different times.  Good thing I am a patient person.  I kept trying,  I had 4 tabs open,  I called a friend.  I started to panic.  I looked at the PCT Class of 2017 and everyone was getting their permits,  why wasn't I getting one.  Finally, I got on and my date was gone,  there were only 2 dates left in April,  one after my original start date and one before.  I called a friend.  "What shall I do?"  I already have a plane ticket.  I took the earlier date.  I then called my airline.  Thank goodness I could exchange my ticket, plus a few dollars more and then I could make another airline reservation.  Most of the flights were booked except one that was a week earlier than my PCT Date and 3 weeks earlier than originally planned.  
Everything happens for a reason I believe so I booked it.  Now for the call to the hubby.  Hey, hubby,  I am leaving earlier than I thought,  I am packing sooner than planned,  yes, I know there is more snow in the mountains and more water in the rivers.  It all worked out.  It always does.  Great two more obstacles I overcame.  Getting better at this.  I am relieved that this is all over.  I started the day at 10:30 am and finished it about 3:00 pm.  Long Day.  I have a lot of work to do still,  too many to name.
I am looking forward to Sunny San Diego, my old home.  I am looking forward to seeing the beaches I used to surf at.  I am looking forward to eating fish tacos again.  I will be happy to see my friends, my college buddies,  my old roommates and my husbands family.  I miss them all.  If you ever want to hike the PCT, make your airline reservations after your permit date.  Also, get a big cup of coffee before you sit down to the computer.  Take the stress away and have a big deep breath.  It is all fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment