Wednesday, January 18, 2017

HAPPY CAMPER GIRL PCT GEAR

WHAT SHALL I WEAR?

CLOTHES DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

WHAT KINDS OF THINGS DO I PUT IN MY PACK?
PACK WITH GEAR IN IT.

A CUTE DESERT OUTFIT

COLD WEATHER LAYERS

MY FAVORITE TOYS

 BOOTS FOR THE HEAVY SNOW



MY PACK IS SHOWN HERE WITH GEAR INSIDE, SOME "SMART ONES" WATER BOTTLES, MY DESERT UMBRELLA FOR SHADE AND ALSO MY PEE RAG.

You need many things when you cross the desert,  mostly water.  You have to plan and research everything because you have to find the lightest option or your feet will feel the weight .  So if you have two shirts you like, get the scale out, weigh them both, take the lighter one.  Do this with each piece of gear, even a bic lighter.  I never knew that they came in these little itty bitty ones.  You even have to weigh your underwear.  I know it sounds funny but you have to think in ounces and grams.  16 ounces make a pound,  it is easy to get there pretty fast.  Pounds are felt on your feet and your back.  I do not want any injuries so I am precautions and weigh everything.  That is why I even cut my toothbrush in half and also am using some powdered toothpaste.  I am sure some of this will change by the time April rolls around.  I have changed so much already after careful research.  

I got my bear canister yesterday.  I could not get that thing open.  Now I know how frustrated a bear feels.  Finally, I got it figured out.  It weighs 2 pounds 9 oz.  That is a lot of weight but it is a law that you have to carry one through Yosemite.  I like to abide by the law so I ordered one.  I have some clothes shown here that I will be wearing.  One is a pink ghost whisperer jacket.  It is super warm and super lightweight.  I have tested it in the worst of conditions,  I will have to put on my rain jacket if it snows or rains over the top of it.  I will be wearing trail runners,  I have boots just in case of super heavy snow.  I really just have to see what Mother Nature will provide out on the trail.  I hope she will be nice to me.  I try to be nice to her.  I know a pee rag sounds gross but you have to go potty and when you do, clean up that little drip.  You have it on the outside of your pack because 1.  it is easy to get to and 2.  it bleaches itself out with the sun and becomes germ-free.  I like that idea.

Getting the gear for a trip like this is fun,  it is expensive to buy some stuff so you have to buy it over time, for me that was a year of planning.  some gear is cheap, like a head net for bugs, just 3.99.  You can make your own meals too and then re-hydrate them.  There are lots of used gear places too.  I like to use E-bay sometimes and also Amazon.  I have been adding sponsors for my trip,  great company's who are helping me out.  I appreciate everyone who is helping me on this journey.  It is awesome to know I have friends and readers who are enjoying this whole journey.  So thank you for listening.
YIPPEE

No comments:

Post a Comment