Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Getting ready to hike the PCT (Pacific Coast Trail) in July of 2017.  I will be leaving from Canada going southbound (SOBO) and then ending at the bottom of Oregon or the top of California, not sure just yet.  I have almost all of my equipment except the ice axe and some other mountaineering gear I may need.  It will be tough,  It will be cold,  I will try hard and do the best I can do.  There is a ton to research like "Ice axe arrest"  and "Bears" and "scorpions and rattlesnakes in the desert".  I cannot be afraid of nature,  I can only have respect for her and the outside elements as well.  It will be a trip of a lifetime.  A good time to contemplate about life and what the second half of my life will look like.  It will be a time of wonder and a chance to thank the creator for all of the beauty I will see.  I do not know what to expect as the trail will decide for me when I am on that path.  I do want to face my fears and know who I am.  I like to push my limits and see what I can do and what I cannot do.  Thanks you for following me.  It is nice to know that people share the same love of the outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment